[blfs-support] Usb error on boot/ or insert

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 12 18:19:53 PDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 06:52:19PM +0000, spiky wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just built LFS-7.3 I am getting an error with usb devices. They
> dont get allocated to usb2 "as far as I can make out" they try usb1 1st.
> kern.log as usb device plugged in.
> Kernel 3.8.2

[...]
> It has a VIA motherboard
> Dose anyone know of a fix
>
> Thk you
 Try 3.8.3-rc, it has a patch for ehci which mentions a problem with
via hardware.  If I've scrawled this correctly (no copy/paste in
console on this laptop) it's from Alan Stern, USB: EHCI: revert "ASS/PSS
polling timeout", upstream commit  221f8dfca89276d8 ...

 Or just google for that commit, grab it as a patch and apply it to
3.8.2.

ĸen, still catching up with lkml.