[blfs-support] jfsutils configure typo and int64_t error BLFS 2013-03-12

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:26:49 PDT 2013

rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com wrote:
> On 03/13/13 11:00, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>> rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com wrote:
>>> I was quite impressed at how quickly a sed fix for jfsutils was given;
>>> it worked quite well.  I also see the documentation already reflects the
>>> fix and ./configure change.  But should "This package is known to build
>>> using an LFS 7.2 platform but has not been tested." be changed to
>>> reference the 7.3 platform?  A minor point, but I compiled jfsutils on 7.3.
>> If you can confirm that jfs actually works with 7.3, I can change that
>> to lfs73_checked, otherwise I'll change to lfs73_built.
>>
>> I can do that myself now that I've got some free disk space, but please
>> let me know your experience.

> I successfully formatted a jfs partition using my 7.3 jfsutils.  If
> there's something else I can/should test I'll be happy to do so.

Yes, it was fast enough for me to do it too.  It seems to work fine and
I've updated the book.  Thanks for the report.

   -- Bruce

$ sudo mkfs -t jfs /dev/sdb8
mkfs.jfs version 1.1.15, 04-Mar-2011
Warning!  All data on device /dev/sdb8 will be lost!
Continue? (Y/N) y
Format completed successfully.

31457280 kilobytes total disk space.

$ sudo mount /dev/sdb8 /mnt/tmp

$ mount
/dev/sdb8 on /mnt/tmp type jfs (rw)

$ jfs_logdump /dev/sdb8
jfs_logdump version 1.1.15, 04-Mar-2011
Device Name: /dev/sdb8
JFS_LOGDUMP: The current JFS log has been dumped into ./jfslog.dmp
$ cat ./jfslog.dmp
JOURNAL SUPERBLOCK:
    magic number: x 87654321
    version     : x 1
    serial      : x 1
    size        : t 30720 pages (4096 bytes/page)
    bsize       : t 4096 bytes/block
    l2bsize     : t 12
    flag        : x 10200900
    state       : x 0
    end         : x 202c

logrec d 0   Logaddr= x 2050   Nextaddr= x 202c   Backchain = x 0

LOG_SYNCPT   (type = d 16384)   logtid = d 0    aggregate = d 0

         data length = d 0
         sync = x 0