[blfs-support] Wireless errors

spiky martynvidler at aol.com
Sun Mar 17 13:44:35 PDT 2013

Hi

I having trouble with usb wireless, I have installed the drivers for the
device
belkin **F5D7050 Wireless G Adapter v3000 [Ralink RT2571W]*
* The kernel has the rt73usb=y

The error is
root [ /etc/sysconfig ]# ifup wlan0
      Bringing up the wlan0 interface...
   *  Adding IPv4 address 192.168.0.200 to the wlan0 interface... [  OK  ]
RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory

  *** ay already setup; skipping. [ WARN ]

I have tried this with kernel 3.8.3 which is all working and I have
tried on kernel3.7.10.
My only thought is there is something Networking "protocols" I have missed.