[blfs-support] cups-filter-1.0.30 compilation error

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Mon Mar 18 13:30:56 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have troubles building cups-filter-1.0.30 following BLFS SVN Version 2013-03-16 steps.
Compilation fails with the following error message :
"filter/pdftoopvp/oprs/OPRS.cxx:30:22: fatal error: goo/gmem.h : No such file or directory"

After a lot of digging and googling, I found out that this file is part of poppler source tree, but
is not installed during poppler installation process.

I satisfy all the dependencies but lcms which is 1.19 on my system and not 2.x, and avahi
which I don't want to install, and configure runs fine as follows :

./configure --prefix=/opt --disable-static --disable-avahi --without-rcdir --with-pdftops=pdftops

I found a thread from November 2012 on the same subject but it didn't help : the requestor
gave up fixing it. I am stuck :-(

I have :
LFS-7.0
poppler-0.22.2