[blfs-support] Unable to load certain websites

Alexander Spitzer aes368 at cornell.edu
Tue Mar 19 14:40:48 PDT 2013

On Links the pages loaded fine but without images. So I figured midori only
renders after everything (or at least most of it) is received. After adding
a few of the wikimedia servers to the /etc/hosts file, midori loads
wikipedia perfectly fine (and fast).

However, that doesn't really fix the underlying problem, other sites still
have the same trouble.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM, Nicholas McCurdy
<mindwarpstudios at aim.com>wrote:

> Are you using a 64Bit or 32bit kernel?

I'm using a 64 bit kernel, 3.7.0. Is there a way to check exactly how DNS
lookup is done and hopefully see where it gets stuck? I have tried messing
around with resolv.conf but no luck. What really baffles me is that only
particular websites are giving it trouble. I will do a little more
searching around but I'm glad I can at least go around the problem now.