[blfs-support] GPT -- [was:] Re: moving lfs

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Thu Mar 21 02:35:18 PDT 2013

	.
> I have done some (not much) research and it looks like linux only
> supports booting to gtp partitions only if using 64 bit os.  This is
> from the Fedora site.  I am going to Arch linux site to see if they say
> the same.

ISTR that Slackware 32-bit, 64-bit, and mixed 32-/64-bit, will boot GPT disks
OK, via ordinary lilo (didn't test grub or elilo or any other bootloaders);
just that ymmv for disk areas beyond 2tb; and partly depends on bios
supporting legacy-boot as well as uefi. Sorry to be not more exact - the
'tests' were done very much in passing as a side-note. But as it happens, am
likely building another few machines shortly, and will likely re-test at
least some of the various combinations then.

akh