[blfs-support] udev renaming eth0

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 22 09:37:08 PDT 2013

I suppose this is a two part question.  I'm still building my new old
system, LFS-6.6 & BLFS-6.3.  It's still standalone and on two boxen.
I've just noticed on one box with an onboard NIC a message fly by that
udev has renamed eth0 to eth2.  So, (1) anybody know when the blfs-
support/dev archives are coming back so I could have hunted for this,
and (2) how can I stop udev from moving the interface around?  TIA.
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
http://www.xprt.net/~pgrogers/