[blfs-support] Missing cursor in text (console) mode - revisited

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 14:48:18 PDT 2013

alex lupu wrote:

> I'm wondering if the above grub-1.99 is of the "Grub-1" variety
> (as opposed to 2.00 which must be in the "GRUB 2" class).

No.  That was grub-0.97 (grub-legacy).  I don't think that ever advanced.

> If I try to re-install/update grub I'd like to make as few and
> as little waves as possible (I don't feel up to GRUB 2 yet).

I recommend using the version/procedures in LFS-7.3.  That should work
OK.  I haven't used grub-legacy for several years.

The only issue on intel architecture would be /boot/grub/grub.cfg.  If
you want, we can discuss that.  What does your current version of
menu.lst look like?

   -- Bruce