[blfs-support] Python vs Python Modules in MesaLib and libxml2 - BLFS 2013-03-18

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sat Mar 23 02:49:00 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-03-22 at 16:28 -0500, rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com wrote:
> The following Note is in the MesaLib documentation:
>
> "The libxml2 Python module must have been built during the installation
> of libxml2 or else MesaLib build will fail."
>
> Should it perhaps read as follows:
>
> "Python must have been built during the installation of libxml2 or else
> the MesaLib build will fail."

Yes, I see your point... the first wording is a little unclear... it
sort of implies that the "libxml2 Python module" is a separate package.
Though I don't think your version is quite right either - as read, it
suggests that Python is built as part of the the libxml2 install.

Hmm.. how about:

  "Libxml2 must have been built with Python support, or else..."

To me, that puts the emphasis clearly on the libxml2 build, and its
optional dependencies.

Simon.