[blfs-support] Autofs problem on LFS7.2

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Wed Mar 27 14:50:23 PDT 2013

	.

> > With automount not running, remove the empty dir (iff it's empty) /testautomount ,
> > and retry the 'automount -v -f -d /etc/auto.master', see if it  the
> > whole path '/testautomount/sandisk', shows the contents of the usbstick ok under
> > '/testautomount/sandisk', and then when you exit automount, does it remove the
> > entire path '/testautomount/sandisk' ?
>
> Ok.  It auto-generates '/testautomount' when started with 'automount -v -f -d /etc/auto.master', but not '/testautomount/sandisk'.
>
> Only the following again is shown under '/testautomount':
> total 4
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    0 Mar 27 21:01 ./
> drwxr-xr-x 26 root root 4096 Mar 27 21:01 ../
>
> When I exit automount the '/testautomount' disappears.  In the meantime the following diagnostics appear untill I stop autofs:
>
> handle_packet: type = 3
> handle_packet_missing_indirect: token 1, name sandisk, request pid 1996
> attempting to mount entry /testautomount/sandisk
> lookup_mount: lookup(program): looking up sandisk
> lookup(program): lookup for sandisk failed
> dev_ioctl_send_fail: token = 1

 - the (zeroeth and) first thing that the appearances of 'token' in the above,
and the general structure and tone of the messages, shouts to me, is 'kerberos'.
Cliff, I know the proverbial 'less than epsilon', about kerberos, in practice
at least.

I think this would need some input from someone who knows kerberos well - IIRC Randy?

Will have an at least token (sic) look at the kerberos page to see if there's a
simple config entry or so needed - but I kinda doubt it: and more importantly I
don't want to be wasting your time with low-knowledge 'advice'.

Will also have a look at the autofs 5.0.7 build cfg to see if kerberos can be
switched off easily - or do you need it for other stuff?