[blfs-support] Autofs problem on LFS7.2

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Thu Mar 28 02:28:10 PDT 2013

	.

> > > Right.  I've recompiled autofs(had to include MIT Kerberos)and the results were intially promising.

	.
	.
> You may be right about Kerbos, I seem to remember getting round that originally and not compiling against it.

OK: so at this stage I'd recompile the 'patch-reverted' autofs-5.0.7 - i.e. use
the version where you have got that 'LIBTIRPC' block of code commented-out - and
follow the same steps as you did originally, but for the './configure ...'
cmdline _add_ the '--without-hesiod' option.

At this stage, I'd say you don't need to uninstall kerberos: but I'd suggest
ensuring it is not running; stop it via '/etc/rc.d/init.d/krb5 stop' (or similar)
and verify via ps that none of its components are running, and stop them if they
are; it may be useful if necessary to refer to the list of programs in the
'Short Descriptions' section at the foot of the page
'http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/postlfs/mitkrb.html', as a
guide/checklist.

rgds,
akh

p.s. Threading of mailing-list messages: meant to say earlier, does or can your
mail-client show the mail 'envelope header' line readily? If so, then it can be
easy to know which email - of the more-or-less identical pair that typically one
receives when someone responds to one of your posts - to do 'reply' to, such
that the threading is preserved.

For example, in the mail-client here (mailx), I see:
====
Message 1390: