[blfs-support] Autofs problem on LFS7.2

Cliff McDiarmid cliffhanger at gardener.com
Sun Mar 31 06:38:25 PDT 2013


> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Bruce Dubbs
> Sent: 03/29/13 08:16 PM
> To: BLFS Support List
> Subject: Re: [blfs-support] Autofs problem on LFS7.2
> 
> Cliff McDiarmid wrote:
> 
> > Got it! After starting autofs with 'automount -v -f -d
> > /etc/auto.master', plugging the usbstick and issuing
> 
> > 'ls -laF /testautomount/sandisk' we get: >
> > [ 282.787119] EXT4-fs (sdb): mounting ext2 file system using the ext4
> > subsystem[ 282.799013] EXT4-fs (sdb): mounted filesystem without
> > journal. Opts: (null)
> > total 24
> > drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Mar 23 11:19 ./
> > drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 0 Mar 29 19:23 ../
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3267 Mar 23 11:16 autofs
> > drwx------ 2 root root 16384 Mar 19 20:45 lost+found/
> >
> > I also get this when autofs starts on boot up.
> 
> I've been following this very long thread. Many thinks to akhiezer for 
> the patience and support.
> 
> Cliff, it would be nice to write up a short summary of what was wrong 
> and the ultimate fix.

Right, I'm going to attempt to summarise a very long thread which addressed an automount problem(once again I must thank akhiezer for his help and patience in solving it).

Autofs-5.0.7 was built according to the compile/install instructions for autofs in the blfs book, but I did a 'client-only' install of OpenLDAP-2.4.33 and at one point compiled it against MIT Kerberos V5-1.10.3, but this was later removed.
Either way I don't believe this had any bearing on the outcome.

Autofs- 5.0.7 always started from boot up but failed create any dir. specified in the '/etc/automaster' file or to mount it when a usbstick was inserted.
 
I believe(correct me if I'm wrong akhiezer)that the solution boiled down to two changes that were made.

1) I reverted a change made by the 'autofs-5.0.6-fix-libtirpc-name-clash.patch' to the file 'lib/rpc_subs.c' in the source  distrib, and commented-out the code:

---
#ifdef WITH_LIBTIRPC
#undef auth_destroy
#define auth_destroy(auth)                                              \
                do {                                                    \
                        int refs;                                       \
                        if ((refs = auth_put((auth))) == 0)             \
                                ((*((auth)->ah_ops->ah_destroy))(auth));\
                } while (0)
#endif
---
thus:
===
/*
#ifdef WITH_LIBTIRPC
#undef auth_destroy
#define auth_destroy(auth)                                              \
                do {                                                    \
                        int refs;                                       \
                        if ((refs = auth_put((auth))) == 0)             \
                                ((*((auth)->ah_ops->ah_destroy))(auth));\
                } while (0)
#endif
*/
===

I then recompiled Autofs.

2) I adjusted the '/etc/auto.master' file to read:

---
/testautomount      file:/etc/auto.testautomount
---

rather than:

---
/testautomount      /etc/auto.testautomount
---

This was to be more explicit about the type of map that was being used.  A minor change, but one that worked.


*Please note that the 'auto.testautomount' dir. was a test point and this would normally be 'auto.misc'.*


Cliff




More information about the blfs-support mailing list