[blfs-support] BLFS Book v2014-12-03 nitpicks

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Fri Dec 5 01:48:44 PST 2014

On 04-12-2014 23:43, alex lupu wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Armin K. wrote:
>
>> On 05.12.2014 01:32, alex lupu wrote:
>>> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Fernando de Oliveira
>>> wrote:

>>> gnutls-3.3.10

It is in the right place. As I write below, it builds, installs and runs
without unbound.

>>> ​$ find / -type f -name "libunbound.so*" -exec ls -l {} \;
>>> ... root root 723919 Dec  3 22:43 /usr/lib/libunbound.so.2.3.3​
>>>
>>> ​which reinforces the fact that I did have "unbound" around at the time
>> of
>>> gnutls compile,
>>> _and_
>>> after I ran the command (as "suggested​" by gnutls 'configure')
>>>>>>
>> ​​
>> unbound-anchor -a /etc/unbound/root.key
>>
>> That looks like something that needs to be done when installing unbound.
>>
> ​Hi Armin,
>

> This would prevent the unsuspecting unbound-less user ​jumping directly to
> GnuTLS build.

I am that user and have no problem. Actually, most developers build
gnutls at the beginning of BLFS, without unbound.

> So, correct me if I'm wrong - That's needed for GnuTLS when unbound is
>> present, otherwise GnuTLS configure script would fail or simply complain?

I think Armin got it right (I haven't, before).

If optional unbound is installed you have to run that command.

I've seen the task today is hard (9 new packages). As soon as I get
time, will tests and fix.

--
[]s,
Fernando