[blfs-support] Texlive Mirror

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 7 12:22:25 PST 2014

On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 07:58:33PM +0100, Armin K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know where I can find
> ftp://tug.org/texlive/historic/2014/texlive-20140525-texmf.tar.xz mirror
> that's hosted in Europe? With this, I get ~200KB/s, which is
> unacceptable for such a large file.
>
> I have looked @ ctan mirrors listed on texlive page but couldn't find
> that file anywhere - just the -source one. Any hints are appreciated.
>
> Cheers.

 The texmf does seem to be not mirrored in many places, probably
because if its size.  Yesterday and today I've been downloading the
source and texmf files for previous years without any problem, but
I do not know where I'm getting them from - I just went to
ftp://tug.org/texlive/historic/ and kept the browser open there.
Certainly, the "local" oxford mirror that mirror.ctan.org directs me
to does not have texmf.

 Googling around, I think I might have got 2014 at some point from
http://mirror.jaredwhiting.net/distfiles/TeX/ - firefox colours the
links there as if I've visited them, but that might equally be a slow
link where I gave up and had another go later to try to get a faster
link.

 Sorry, it seems to have limited availability.

ĸen