[blfs-support] acpid & power button

Alexey Orishko alexey.orishko at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 17:51:38 PST 2014

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a solution for acpid config..

When blfs is compiled without acpid, after pressing power button for a
few seconds, pc turns off instantly without shutting linux down (as
expected).

I've added acpid to blfs and use shutdown as an action in config file.
In this case pc starts shutdown process even if I touch power button
less than a second.

I'd like to avoid accidental shutdown, but I can't find any way to
define a minimum duration for power button press.

Does anyone know if it's possible?

What would be the other way to gracefully power off pc for non-admin users?

Regards,
Alexey