[blfs-support] evince-3.14.1

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Thu Dec 11 17:39:00 PST 2014

On 11-12-2014 21:35, Ken Moffat wrote:
>  I've just built this: has anyone found a *reliable* way to resize
> it ?  When I opened it with a document, it came up low-down on the
> screen, with a not-very-tall window.  Dragging the top of the window
> extended it.  But after I had moved the window further up my screen,
> pulling down on the bottom, and trying to pull out the sides, mostly
> do not work.

ĸen, perhaps this is a rare occasion where I could help you.

I understand that in the up and down sides, you can resize the height,
but not in the left and right sides, for changing the width.

I just tried and confirmed this in XFCE. But if you try the corners,
then you will have the facilities for resizing height and/or width.

This seems a particularity of XFCE.

With LXDE, I tested and it woks normally, along the four sides and/or
four corners.

>  Pulling the edges to expand it seems to work _if_ the display is
> smaller than the current page size.  I mostly prefer evince to
> epdfview because there are too many "official" PDFs which come up
> blank in epdfview - the last one I remember was a council PDF about
> some roadworks, where the map was blank.

Same with me.

>  I suspect I'm going to have to go back to an older version of
> evince.

> ĸen

Therefore, if it is confirmed that you are using XFCE, I have the
impression that older versions won't matter.

--
[]s,
Fernando