[blfs-support] Error installing SeaMonkey

David Jones davidjones44 at ntlworld.com
Sat Dec 13 03:47:27 PST 2014

Hello,

I am using BLFS 7.6 and SeaMonkey 2.29.  This is my first attempt with BLFS
and I have got as far as installing xfce and would like to use SeaMonkey
rather than Midori as a browser.  I'm building on an old pc with an athlon
xp 2600 processor, GeForce FX 5200 gpu and with Linux Mint xfce as host.
So far I have built everything from the chroot environment.

SeaMonkey built without any error message, using SHELL=/bin/bash before
make, but when I try to install I get the following errors,

  File
"/sources/comm-release/mozilla/toolkit/mozapps/installer/packager.py", line
158, in precompile_cache
    errors.fatal('Error while running startup cache precompilation')
  File "/sources/comm-release/mozilla/python/mozbuild/mozpack/errors.py",
line 101, in fatal
    self._handle(self.FATAL, msg)
  File "/sources/comm-release/mozilla/python/mozbuild/mozpack/errors.py",
line 96, in _handle
    raise ErrorMessage(msg)
mozpack.errors.ErrorMessage: Error: Error while running startup cache
precompilation
/sources/comm-release/mozilla/toolkit/mozapps/installer/packager.mk:714:
recipe for target 'stage-package' failed
make[2]: *** [stage-package] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/sources/comm-release/moz-build-dir/suite/installer'
/sources/comm-release/suite/build.mk:22: recipe for target 'install' failed
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/sources/comm-release/moz-build-dir'
client.mk:399: recipe for target 'install' failed

I also tried to install from within the LFS system but it gives the same
error message.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

David.