[blfs-support] gmplayer pimage problem - BLFS 7.6

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Mon Dec 15 09:02:18 PST 2014

On 15.12.2014 15:29, rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com wrote:

> Starting gmplayer with the Clearlooks skin produces the following error:
>
>     Error in skin config file on line 12: Unknown item 'pimage'
>     Config file processing error with skin 'default'
>
> Line 12 is "pimage = volume, 32, 75, 261, 53, 17, 16, evSetVolume." if I
> comment out the line gmplayer works without error.  I've tried other
> skins with the same result.  The pimage line differs by skin but
> commenting out the line fixes the error and gmplayer works.
>
> What have I done wrong?

Given that MPlayer rarely does stable releases, and that 1.x is
currently really old, I suppose it works with mplayer svn checkout which
the developers recommend. You have done nothing wrong and your fix was
the right thing to do (at least as a temporary solution).

I may suggest using gnome-mplayer, which is another mplayer gui
front-end (doesn't really depend on GNOME stuff past GTK+ I believe).