[blfs-support] rmdir: failed to remove '/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/config': No such file or directory - BLFS 7.5

rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 06:03:26 PDT 2014

On 03/19/14 16:40, Armin K. wrote:
> On 03/19/2014 10:20 PM, rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com wrote:
>> I receive "rmdir: failed to remove
>> '/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/config': No such file or directory"
>> when compiling freetype.
>>
>> I have /usr/include/freetype2/config but not
>> /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/config.  I assume I've something wrong
>> (which isn't much of a stretch), but I've removed my commands and don't
>> see it.  Thoughts?
>>
> Ignore that. It's just there to make sure there aren't any leftovers of
> old freetype headers which were installed in that location.

Darn, I was hoping that was a problem.  What about:

"rmdir: failed to remove '/usr/include/freetype2/freetype': No such file
or directory /sources/freetype-2.5.2/builds/unix/install.mk:32: recipe
for target 'install' failed"

I ask this as I built xorg seemingly without problems but noticed xclock didn't work.  I traced the problem back to libXft, which I traced back to freetype.

 From my libXft compilation:

"xftglyphs.c:24:30: fatal error: freetype/ftoutln.h: No such file or directory"

I see no error referenced to ftoutln in my freetype log.