[blfs-support] how to change name Linux From Scratch (7.6) on grub 2?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 09:09:37 PST 2014

Sainadh J wrote:

>       On Tuesday, 25 November 2014 10:08 PM, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>   Sainadh J wrote:
>> Hello, i am using GRUB 2 boot loader when system start up the boot
>> loader display my own os name as "Linux From Scratch (7.6)"i don't
>> like it,i want my user defind name set insted of it  as well of i
>> want to change boot logo of my own os.so friends please guide me how
>> to change Linux From Scratch (7.6) name.Thanks in advance.
>
>> Edit /boot/grub/grub.cfg

> i alredy try to edit my grub.cfg file at menu entry but there is no
> use.but after changing the name am not update my "grub.cfg" is this
> important update grub.cfg file after changing name in grub.cfg?

It really depends on how your system is set up.  There can be more than
one grub.cfg on your hard disk.  Did you run grub-install?  You don't
have to do that if your host already has one, but the grub.cfg file you
change must be the one that the host is looking at.

Tell us what you have for your menuentry.  When asking for help, it's
really hard for us when the only information you give is "it doesn't work".

   -- Bruce