[blfs-support] BLFS 7.6/Development XORG Drivers documentation (Direct Rendering Manager --->).

Googlemail hazeldebian at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 28 00:17:02 PST 2014

On Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:50:18 -0600
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>
> > Will add that to the book. Thanks.
> >
> > *Question to others*: I am inclined to write this way:
> > Direct Rendering Manager  --->
> >    Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 4.1.0 and higher DRI support) ---> : Y
> >    Intel I810: Y or M
> >
> > Please note that I propose _not_ to add "or M" to the first line. The
> > reason is that if you tick only "M" at this point, you cannot tick "Y"
> > for the prompts below. Thoughts?
>
> That's reasonable.  I'd also like to see the [CONFIG_*] entries like
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter08/kernel.html
>
>    -- Bruce
>
> --
As a user, I second that. A number of BLFS packages require particular kernel flags to be set but, at the moment, these are given as menu paths only. If the actual CONFIG_* flags were given too, it would be easy to check in .config or /boot/config-$VERSION whether they were already set or not.

On several occasions I have gone into menuconfig to set such flags, only to find that they were already set.
H Russman