[blfs-support] how to make Live cd of my LFS/BLFS system?

akhiezer lfs65 at cruziero.com
Fri Nov 28 09:24:52 PST 2014

> From jsainadh at ymail.com Thu Nov 27 17:00:16 2014
> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:12:14 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Sainadh J <jsainadh at ymail.com>
> To: akhiezer <lfs65 at cruziero.com>,
>         BLFS Support List <blfs-support at lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: Re: [blfs-support] how to make Live cd of my LFS/BLFS system?
>

>      On Wednesday, 26 November 2014 3:26 AM, Sainadh J <jsainadh at ymail.com> wrote:
>

>      On Tuesday, 25 November 2014 11:50 PM, akhiezer <lfs65 at cruziero.com> wrote:
>

>  > Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:35:41 +0000 (UTC)
> > From: Sainadh J <jsainadh at ymail.com>
> > To: "blfs-support at lists.linuxfromscratch.org"
> >  <blfs-support at lists.linuxfromscratch.org>
> > Subject: [blfs-support] how to make Live cd of my LFS/BLFS system?
> >

> > Hello,i follows LFS/BLFS 7.6 stable version book.By using these two
> > books i make a my own OS.i completed GUI environment and some of the file
> > manager and browsers and editors etc.. but some of the problems with sound
> > and thunar filemanager, vmware workstation etc... but i want to check imy
> > os on another system so friends please give me a susggestion that how to
> > make my own os as LIve cd.Thanks in advance.
> > --sainadh j
>

>  - you may find the following suggestions useful for _adapting_ to your
> own work:
> ==
> >* Booting from dvd:
>   http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware64-current/isolinux/README.TXT
>   http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware64-current/isolinux/
>   If using cd/dvd, then you probably want to use re-writable media; else
>   you'll burn through one cd/dvd per trial-run.
>
> >* Booting from usb:
>   http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware64-current/usb-and-pxe-installers/README_USB.TXT
>   http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware64-current/usb-and-pxe-installers/
>
> >* *If* you 'need'/want to use initrd (NB that lfs doesn't need/use initrd):
>   http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware64-current/README.initrd
>
> >* Misc: UEFI:
>   http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware64-current/README_UEFI.TXT
>   http://slackware.osuosl.org/slackware64-current/EFI/BOOT/
> >==
>

> >hth,
> >good luck,
>

> >akh
>

> >Hello,
> >hey Thanks for links i am waiting for valuble suggestion you give me That. Thanks.
> >--sainadh j
>
> Hello,
> you give me a valuble Links to me but i can't do perfect could you please tell me another way to create a scratch system as Live cd?
> --sainadh

As noted, just saying "can't get it to work", isn't of much help in
diagnosing the problem.

The above refs are the ones that I'm most familiar/up2date with; and
am not really up-to-date on other refs (mainly because the above ones
always work ok). I'd suggest looking through relevant docs on 'live cd'
type projects, including older ones - e.g. lfs's own live-cd project,
or gparted, or knoppix, or distros' own live-cd stuff, or web-srch.

(It's perhaps worth noting that (roughly speaking) mailing lists are
generally not really for writing ad-hoc HOWTOs on subjects; but instead
- in that respect at least (& again, speaking roughly) - for clarifying
already-present 'proper' docs.)

akh