[blfs-support] Openssl - packages needing to be recompiled

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 1 13:11:16 PST 2016

On my test machines I have now upgraded all the systems to
openssl-1.0.2g (the other desktop upgrades are still ongoing).
One of my test machines is now - finally - having a stab at building
libreoffice, but to get here I have so far had to rebuild the
following because they were trying to use SSLv2 which is now turned
off by default:

curl :

The output from autogen.sh was just
checking which redland to use... external
checking for REDLAND... yes
checking for librdf_world_set_raptor_init_handler in -lrdf... no
configure: error: librdf too old. Need >= 1.0.16

but I knew it was 1.0.17.  Fortunately, config.log showed the issue:

configure:32982: checking for librdf_world_set_raptor_init_handler
in -lrdf
configure:33007: gcc -o conftest -O2       conftest.c -lrdf   >&5
/usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4: undefined reference to
`SSLv2_client_method'
configure:33007: $? = 1

python3 :

[build CHK] unotest
ERROR: test_ssl_import (testssl.SSLTest)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/scratch/working/libreoffice-5.1.0.3/pyuno/qa/pytests/testssl.py",
line 6, in test_ssl_import
    import ssl
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/ssl.py", line 98, in <module>
    import _ssl             # if we can't import it, let the error
propagate
ImportError:
/usr/lib/python3.5/lib-dynload/_ssl.cpython-35m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so:
undefined symbol: SSLv2_method

As far as I can remember, this is the first time I've had to rebuild
other packages after doing a 'letter' upgrade of openssl (and so
far, I have just let old systems go when their version of openssl
becomes unsupported).

ĸen