[blfs-support] configure error in httpd-2.4.16 Book 7.8

Arnie Stender astender777 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:52:56 PST 2016

Hello,
     I am plodding along with my new BLFS 7.8 build and Apache was an
optional for whatever it was I wanted to build so I figured I'd do it
now. When I ran the configure I got the following:

checking for APR... configure: error: the --with-apr parameter is
incorrect. It must specify an install prefix, a build directory, or an
apr-config file.

The book included the following as an argument for configure:

   --with-apr=/usr/bin/apr-1-config

I don't know what it is looking for. A name of a file it is supposed to
create? An existing file it is supposed to run? It doesn't like the "1"
in the filename it got? What is the work around or fix? I didn't see
anything in wiki. Thanks in advance.

Arnie