[blfs-support] make install in asymptote-2.35

Arnie Stender astender777 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 18:30:29 PST 2016

On 03/04/2016 06:31 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

> Wow, somebody apart from me building asymptote!  Thanks for that.
> (I only put it in the book because somebody noticed our old 'build
> texinfo from source on top of the binary' process did not actually
> rebuild asymptote, biber, or xindy.)
>
> It looks as if root does not have
> /opt/texlive/2015/bin/x86_64-linux/ on his PATH.
> As root (and indeed as a user, but I doubt you could have got this
> far without it being on the user's PATH), 'which pdflatex'.
>
> ĸen
Ken,
     If I counted right there are over 20 of these malformed links.
Something else occurred to me. There are many more of the form:

  yplan -> ../../texmf-dist/scripts/yplan/yplan

This looks like I have to retain the source directory forever. Do you
agree? I think it would be worth the pain of moving all the scripts to
the bin directory instead of leaving the links.

Arnie