[blfs-support] make install in asymptote-2.35

Arnie Stender astender777 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 19:00:52 PST 2016

On 03/04/2016 06:31 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

> Wow, somebody apart from me building asymptote!  Thanks for that.
> (I only put it in the book because somebody noticed our old 'build
> texinfo from source on top of the binary' process did not actually
> rebuild asymptote, biber, or xindy.)
>
> It looks as if root does not have
> /opt/texlive/2015/bin/x86_64-linux/ on his PATH.
> As root (and indeed as a user, but I doubt you could have got this
> far without it being on the user's PATH), 'which pdflatex'.
>
> ĸen
Ken,
     Well, I am not sure how I got to this point. I noticed again the
NOTE: you have in the texlive package instructions about running the
script that makes the links twice messing them up. I can't say for sure.
I know I did that but I think I had already found I had a problem before
I did. At any rate the fix is to remove the /opt/texlive/2015/bin/<ARCH>
directory and re-installing. That seems to have fixed all my woes and I
now have an installed asymptote package. Not that I know what to do with
it. :-) BTW, I followed your instructions on how to get the system to
add the directory to my PATH but it doesn't seem to work. If I can't get
that fixed I'll just hard code it. Looks like a good time to go to bed
and start in again tomorrow. Night all.

Arnie