[blfs-support] make install in asymptote-2.35

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 4 19:39:11 PST 2016

On Fri, Mar 04, 2016 at 09:00:52PM -0600, Arnie Stender wrote:
> Ken,
>     Well, I am not sure how I got to this point. I noticed again the NOTE:
> you have in the texlive package instructions about running the script that
> makes the links twice messing them up. I can't say for sure. I know I did
> that but I think I had already found I had a problem before I did. At any
> rate the fix is to remove the /opt/texlive/2015/bin/<ARCH> directory and
> re-installing. That seems to have fixed all my woes and I now have an
> installed asymptote package. Not that I know what to do with it. :-)

Use it to create 2D or 3D pictures.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~ken/misc-testfiles/

There is an asy-test-20150112.tar.xz file there, along with examples
of the output (rerunning obviously overwrites those - or creates
errors for a couple of the variants if you did not have the full set
of dependencies).  In each directory, make *.asy : for eps, I only
know of evince (built with libspectre) for displaying them, but for
png I use 'display' from ImageMagick (the gimp could open them
individually), or for PDFs whichever pdf viewer you use.

> BTW, I
> followed your instructions on how to get the system to add the directory to
> my PATH but it doesn't seem to work. If I can't get that fixed I'll just
> hard code it. Looks like a good time to go to bed and start in again
> tomorrow. Night all.
>
> Arnie

I don't use the BLFS book's path-manipulation commands, but I am
assured they work.  But it seems a bit early to go to bed - it's not
even 4a.m. here (and I've got a _load_ of TV recordngs to catch up
with) ;-)

ĸen