[blfs-support] Toolkits

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 6 15:13:38 PST 2016

>>>Does it have to be firefox?  What about midori?
>>>
>>>   -- Bruce
>>
>> Let's say it does, and stick to the question, eh?
>
>That's an unusual attitude from somebody who's seeking assistance.
>
>Richard

I'm sorry if you're offended, Richard, but the question was about
choosing toolkits (which BTW are dependencies of packages other than
Firefox, e.g. XFCE), NOT about which browser I need or whether I need
it.  So, yes, I didn't think Bruce's answer was appropriate either.

And to answer Ken's question in short, I tend to run on salvaged and
hand-me-down hardware, so I try to make my systems lightweight, e.g.
XFCE instead of KDE or Gnome.  I don't like having to have, or
maintain, competing toolkits.  If'n I wanted bulk, I'd install one of
the "kitchen sink" distros.

--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
(I do not personally endorse any additions after this line. TANSTAAFL
:-)

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                          unladen european swallow