[blfs-support] Toolkits

Richard Melville richard.melville69 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 15:28:44 PST 2016

On 6 March 2016 at 23:13, Paul Rogers <paulgrogers at fastmail.fm> wrote:

>>> Let's say it does, and stick to the question, eh?
>>
>>That's an unusual attitude from somebody who's seeking assistance.
>>
>>Richard
>
> I'm sorry if you're offended, Richard, but the question was about
> choosing toolkits (which BTW are dependencies of packages other than
> Firefox, e.g. XFCE), NOT about which browser I need or whether I need
> it.  So, yes, I didn't think Bruce's answer was appropriate either.

I have nothing to be offended about; your reply was to Bruce, which I
quoted.  I just felt that it was unnecessarily terse when he was
trying to offer a solution for your benefit.

I felt his answer was entirely appropriate as you were talking about
"a lightweight desktop environment", among other things.  Clearly,
from his answer, he felt that Firefox would be an unlikely part of "a
lightweight desktop environment", and I have to agree.

Richard

Richard