[blfs-support] Toolkits

Paul Rogers paulgrogers at fastmail.fm
Mon Mar 7 13:49:08 PST 2016

> >>That's an unusual attitude from somebody who's seeking assistance.
> >>
> >>Richard
> >
> > I'm sorry if you're offended, Richard, but the question was about
> > choosing toolkits (which BTW are dependencies of packages other than
> > Firefox, e.g. XFCE), NOT about which browser I need or whether I
> > need it.  So, yes, I didn't think Bruce's answer was appropriate
> > either.
>
> I have nothing to be offended about; your reply was to Bruce, which I
> quoted.  I just felt that it was unnecessarily terse when he was
> trying to offer a solution for your benefit.

Did you have a solution to the toolkit question to offer?

> I felt his answer was entirely appropriate as you were talking about

It was?  So I was somehow unclear with, "*Firefox is a major
requirement*"?

> "a lightweight desktop environment", among other things.  Clearly,
> from his answer, he felt that Firefox would be an unlikely part of "a
> lightweight desktop environment", and I have to agree.

How could I have made it any clearer that Firefox is a requirement and
it, among other packages, is not the issue, but various packages
changing toolkits at various times is?  I thought I was clarifying the
reasons why I was having a problem choosing a toolkit, or whether
nowadays it's necessary to support both.
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers at fastmail.fm

http://www.fastmail.com - Same, same, but different...