[blfs-support] compilation error in Kde-workspace-4.11.21

Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers edgaralwers at gmx.de
Thu Mar 10 12:55:58 PST 2016

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 18:45:00 +0000
Ken Moffat <zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I finally gave up because I was told that mariadb (default for
> akonadi - I failed to persuade it to use sqlite) needed to be
> compiled _before_ qt4 : when I tried to rebuild qt4, it failed
> (details in the thread).

Hi Ken,

well. As I built qt-4.8.7 some days ago, I did  ./configure with  "-plugin-sql-mysql", but this was not accepted, as I had not built MariaDB at that time. Now, I have MariaDB installed, but Akonadi, of course, is not working as it complains about a missing database driver ! So I went to rebuild qt4, with the addition  "-plugins-sql-mysql" in ./configure. To my astonishment, "make" crashes after more then 2 hours with a lot of complains about "»QWebPage« is not a Typ", "»WebAction« not declared" and so on. Cannot be true: I only add a plugin configuration, not rejected,  and the make process crashes ?

I need to recompile qt4 if I want to use kmail and company. Can you help ?

Edgar
--
Dr.-Ing. Edgar Alwers <edgaralwers at gmx.de>