[blfs-support] parole from book 7.8

Arnie Stender astender777 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:16:39 PDT 2016

Hello,
     As promised: After compiling parole and getting past the error
about not having the xdg-utils script  xdg-screensaver I got a raft of
warnings about use of depreciated glib-object functions. I can figure
out a way of throwing those at /dev/null. I also got the following
message. I do have dbus installed and it is running.

** (parole:19734): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus:
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-MtlkWp6PKe: Connection refused

The socket it was looking for in /tmp is not there. There is a socket in
/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket

Is this socket created by parole when it runs then deleted? I ran parole
a couple of times and it was looking for a socket of te same name each
time. I thought the name would change each time parole would run. Any ideas?
Arnie