[blfs-support] CDROM not being detected

Victor Wren vwren at ponyhome.com
Sat Mar 26 08:27:39 PDT 2016

How about: CONFIG_SATA_PMP=y "SATA Port Multiplier support" under
>> Device Drivers > Serial ATA and Parallel ATA drivers (libata)
> And if that option is already enabled, try disabling it.
>

>    Cheers,
>
>    Mike Shell

Thanks for the assistance. The PMP was enabled in the working kernel.
In testing, I'm pretty sure I've had it both ways, without much effect.
All the Intel and Via drivers were in place for SATA, AHCI, PATA, ATA
and anything else I could think of.  Something I changed made /dev/sr0
show up, and now I'm trying to figure out what it was.  So it's working,
but I wish I had a better understanding of what was keeping it from
working, and what enabled it to work.  If this weren't a live machine
(my wife needs the router side of it for work), I'd play around more,
but I'm just going to have to be content with the Damon Hardy solution
(one of my co-workers who wrote on a customer ticket "Screwed around
until it started working")  :-\