[blfs-support] Building openssl-1.0.2g in blfs 7.9

Hazel Russman hazeldebian at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 29 03:44:35 PDT 2016

I am doing this in chroot, as I want to build links against it before cutting the umbilical cord to my host system.

After running ./config, I get the message:
Because of configuration changes, you MUST do the following before building:         make depend.

I did as instructed and the build appeared to go smoothly. The book makes no mention of this requirement. Should it? And what configuration changes are being referred to here?

Hazel