[blfs-support] Plasma starts with black screen

Cliff McDiarmid cliffhanger at gardener.com
Tue Mar 29 06:26:42 PDT 2016

Hi

I have just installe0d Plasma 5.5.4  on LFS.   I created a new user to boot from so new dirs were created.   I am getting the splash screen and 'loading bar' after which it stops at a black screen with mouse pointer.

The .x.session-errors file is attached.   Aside from a Kmix crash which appears(on screen as well) and a QML file that fails to load, there are other errors, but I need a pointer as to what is wrong.   Any ideas here?

Many thanks

Cliff