[blfs-support] BLFS 7.10 fonts less clear than in 7.9.

rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 05:56:29 PDT 2016

I've run BLFS 7.10 for several days and noticed less clear fonts than
with 7.9.  I reinstalled from square one without success and don't see
my error.

As a test, I reinstalled BLFS 7.10, but with BLFS 7.9 dejavu and
fontconfig packages (dejavu-fonts-ttf-2.35 and fontconfig-2.11.1) and my
fonts are fine.  So I have a workable solution, but my fix is a
workaround.  I've kept my bad fonts 7.10 build.  How can I pinpoint the
problem?

I should mention my BLFS 7.10 fonts weren't terrible, but definitely
less clear.  And again, my only deviation from the BLFS 7.10
documentation was using 7.9 dejavu and fontconfig packages. It appears
the procedures to compile each are unchanged from 7.9.