[lfs-dev] LFS-7.7-systemd-rc1

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Thu Feb 19 15:29:55 PST 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Linux From Scratch
7.7 systemd book. This release brings changes to 30 packages, including but not
limited to Binutils-2.25, GCC-4.9.2, Glibc-2.21, Linux-3.19.0 and systemd-219.

For a full list of changes since the last release, consult [1].

I encourage everyone to try this book so we can make the final release as good
as possible. Issues can be reported on lfs-dev mailing lists and LFS trac. Be
sure to select Version: "systemd" so I can distinguish the issues specific to
the systemd book. Also note that registration for the lfs-dev mailing list is
required to avoid spam.

You can read the book online [2] or download it from [3] to read it locally.

A big thanks goes to Bruce Dubbs for keeping up to date majority of the packages
that are shared between the two LFS books.

  -- Armin K., LFS systemd Maintainer.
     www.linuxfromscratch.org

[1] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/7.7-systemd-rc1/chapter01/whatsnew.html
[2] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/7.7-systemd-rc1/