Make error in glibc

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 5 19:14:49 PDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 12:05 -0400, Chris Staub wrote:
> Then those that do should be considered buggy and must be fixed.
> Personally I think that requiring /bin/sh -> bash is pointless, and that
> if there are any packages that have /bin/sh while using Bash features
> those packages should be corrected...but then I seem to be alone on this...

Not at all alone - I personally think bash should automatically disable
all bash-specific features if invoked as 'sh', precisely to avoid such
problems. I've been bitten by this kind of thing a few times, learning
the hard way that on some platforms (Solaris in particular), sh really
is the classic Bourne shell...

Simon.