not find the i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc in LFS-directory.

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Tue May 11 14:38:04 PDT 2010

On 11 May 2010 21:07, AOL <fuflono at aol.com> wrote:
> Good day. Please excuse my English.
> Almost month ago, I sent the question and recieved answer, but nothin
> did not understood. Fully nothin. Now, at least, I understand my
> question and answer for me.
> Possibly I understand not all exactly.
>
> I had did:
>  gnu at gnu-desktop:/mnt/lfs/gcc-build$ ln -vs libgcc.a `$LFS_TGT-gcc
> -print-libgcc-file-name | \
>>     sed 's/libgcc/&_eh/'`
>
>  and computer issued:
>  bash: i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc: command not found
> ln: creating symbolic link `./libgcc.a': File exists.
>
> I can not find the i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc in LFS-directory. and in all
> other.
>
> There is  '/mnt/lfs/tools/i686-lfs-linux-gnu', but in this folder files
> are:
> ar
> as
> ld
> nm
> objcopy
> objdump
> ranlib
> strip
>
> Also, there is '/mnt/lfs/tools' folder with files:
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-addr2line
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ar
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-as
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-c++filt
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gprof
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ld
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-nm
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-objcopy
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-objdump
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ranlib
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-readelf
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-size
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-strings
> i686-lfs-linux-gnu-strip
>
> In host-computer is: gcc, gcc-4.1, gcc-4.2, 486-linux-gnu-gcc,
> i486-linux-gnu-gcc-4.2, i486-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.
>
> May be anyone will  advise, what I have to do?
> Sincerely, fuf.

 The files you have listed above suggest that you have only
installed binutils.  You are now at the end of the gcc instructions
so you ought to have an i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc.

 Either your build and install of gcc pass 1 failed, or else you
gave it a different prefix.  Remove the gcc-4.X.Y and gcc-build
directories, then repeat all the steps from section 5.5.  If any step
ends with an error, stop there, and ask for help if you need to.
(in case it isn't clear, I think you probably had an error in an earlier
command in section 5.5).

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"