gzip help

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Tue May 18 04:19:41 PDT 2010

Hi Andy,

I just compiled python and doing a benchmark with gcc and icc. The icc
is about 10% faster.  I work in a physics lab and we try to get most
performance out of boxes. We have a farm of 2000 servers and my
program runs over 20k a day. If I can get 10% gain, I will take it!
That will save many many CPU hours for us.