LFS-6.6, Stage2, glibc, nscd.c:442

linux fan linuxscratch at gmail.com
Sat May 29 13:14:05 PDT 2010

On 5/29/10, Paul Rogers <paulgrogers at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> No fun.  1.4GHz P-3, 512MB.  Besides, as I wrote, I really want to have
> a clean migration path.  Maybe 6.1 to 6.6 is too far a jump, but it
> matched the HSR with the exception of kernel version.
>
> Besides I rather think the LiveCD starts the NIC/network, mine doesn't
> and I really don't want that.

Notes say:
To load the CD contents to RAM with the "toram" option, the minimum
required amount of RAM is 512 MB. If you have less than 768 MB of RAM,
add swap when the CD boot finishes -- a good idea anyway.

Alternatively, it is possible to boot the "livecd" from disk.
The short version is under BOOTING FROM ISO IMAGE in
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/documentation.html
I made a script to remember how
http://docs.google.com/View?id=dg7ck9hb_135djs6xvrn

I'm sure you know that jhalfs provides an alternative to your script.
I understand concern for clean migration path and NIC/network.

Just thinking out loud ... if jhalfs can build it using the host
system, then the scripts must have a fault ... but if the scripts can
build it using the livecd, then the host system must have a fault. Is
it the host kernel config, the host glibc, the host gcc, the scripts,
or what?