[lfs-support] LFS Dev Release Schedules

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 9 16:13:13 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 05:48:17PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Richard Hamilton wrote:
> > I'm thinking about building a new LFS system based on the development. How often
> > are the development updated?
>

> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter01/changelog.html
>
> Stable is around the first of March and September each year.
>
>    -- Bruce

 Last year, there were changes on about 108 days.  Basically,
whenever something needed fixing, and when a ticket in trac [
mostly, package upgrades ] appeared to be ready to action.

 I'm not sure about the current situation with trac, but once the
server migration is complete you should be able to use it to look at
each changeset if you want to.  We typically make separate changes
for different packages, so there were a lot more than 108 changes
last year.  Generally, you probably want to download a rendered
version of the book [ so that it doesn't change under you ] but also
keep an eye on the -dev and -book lists in case any breakages get
fixed.

 Testing is always useful - expect to find occasional build breakage
in BLFS as a result of LFS changes.

ĸen