[lfs-support] LFS 7.8 GCC 5.2.0 Pass 2 Compile Error

Eliot Gable egable at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 09:02:43 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 3:53 AM, Pierre Labastie <pierre.labastie at neuf.fr>
wrote:

> I think the original command as something wrong at the end: "-I
> ./tinfo/make_hash.c". I guess gcc thinks that ./tinfo/make_hash.c is an
> include directory...
>
> How that command was generated looks like a bug in the ncurses Makefile,
> which does not show up when using standard locations. I am not sure I can
> help more.

Bingo. Doing a sed replace on the CFLAGS in the generated Makefile files
solves the issue. Thanks.

--
Eliot Gable

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors: we borrow it from our
children." ~David Brower

"I decided the words were too conservative for me. We're not borrowing from
our children, we're stealing from them--and it's not even considered to be
a crime." ~David Brower

"Esse oportet ut vivas, non vivere ut edas." (Thou shouldst eat to live;
not live to eat.) ~Marcus Tullius Cicero