[lfs-support] LFS Build on x86_64

Maurious Paul paulmaurious at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:40:04 PST 2015

I tried building LFS on x86_64 architecture and it builds smoothly.
But when it comes to the section "5.10. GCC-5.2.0 - Pass 2", the
compilation was successful. But the problem is when I performed
a sanity check as instructed in the book to ensure that the basic
functions (compiling and linking) of the new toolchain I receive this
output as unexpected

*"[Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2]"*

instead of this

 "*[Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]*
Note that /tools/lib, or /tools/lib64 for 64-bit machines appears as the
prefix of the dynamic linker."

Is this correct and shall I proceed building LFS.

P.S. : I read some solutions regarding this issue. I have also gone through
CLFS as suggested book for x86_64. But I'm asking is it legal to build LFS
on a x86_64 system and will it work as expected or should I use CLFS to
build x86_64 LFS.

Please help me.