[lfs-support] LFS 8.1 no module loaded

Hazel Russman hazeldebian at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 2 23:53:23 PDT 2017

On Wed, 1 Nov 2017 19:03:51 +0100
Axel <apschwimmer at apmland.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> if I try lsmod in the started LFS I can't see any module.
>
> There's no /proc/modules file.
>
> If I go into the "chroot" LFS I can see modules with lsmod and /proc
>
> Can you give me a tipp?
>
> I have no idea where to look.
>

> Thank you!
>

> Kind regards
>

> Axel

It depends a lot on how you built your new kernel. Presumably the host kernel, which you use in chroot, is a stock kernel and therefore has all its drivers compiled as modules. Most people, when they compile their own kernel, put the drivers that they are going to use all the time right into the kernel itself, so you wouldn't expect to see a lot of modules.

The only ones I can see on my LFS system are for sound.