[lfs-support] Textbrowser W3m do not display downloaded html files

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 13 13:01:43 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 08:42:21PM +0100, Axel wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> I use w3m as browser. w3m displays online sites correctly.
>
> But if I download for example the BLFS book as one page html and try to open
> it,
>
> w3m displays it in a not readable form.
>
> I compiled w3m without any optional packages.
>
> Do you have a tipp, please?

How do you mean, "not readable" ?

I don't use w3m, but I sometimes use links and I haven't noticed any
specific problems (except that google searches are unmanageable in a
text browser.

Hmm, are you trying to read the bzip2 version of the book ?

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.