[lfs-support] LFS8.1 chapter 5.10 : /tools/bin/gcc is dynamically linked to host linker

Richard Melville 6tricky9 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 02:25:34 PDT 2018

On 1 July 2018 at 23:35, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/01/2018 02:53 PM, Pierre Labastie wrote:
>

>> It shows up for me too, even after doing "source .bash_profile". I think
>> debian sets this in /etc/bash.bashrc, which is executed at startup,
>> according
>> to "man bash".
>>

> There is no mention of /etc/bash.bashrc in the bash man pages, only
> ~/.bashrc.
>
> From the bash man pages:-

" When an interactive shell that is not a login shell  is  started,  bash
       reads  and  executes  commands  from /etc/bash.bashrc and ~/.bashrc,
if
       these files exist.  This may be inhibited by using the  --norc
option.
       The  --rcfile  file option will force bash to read and execute
commands
       from file instead of /etc/bash.bashrc and ~/.bashrc."

Richard