[lfs-support] Booting LFS with systemd

Michael Shell list1 at michaelshell.org
Sat Jul 7 20:34:29 PDT 2018

On Sat, 07 Jul 2018 14:38:36 +0800
Xi Ruoyao <ryxi at stu.xidian.edu.cn> wrote:

> For example I can insert
>
>     log_info("I am still alive!!!");
>
> into systemd source code somewhere.

  Xi,

Thanks! Yeah, that's a good approach for developers. But, a lot of users
aren't going to be able to do that.

> Systemd seems to handle errors well (most of time). SIGABRT is strange.
> Someone said "-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2" may cause systemd to SIGABRT.

That's something else Frans can try (disable D_FORTIFY_SOURCE when
compiling systemd). Also, doing a search based on the above, I found this
which states that a watchdog timer can also trigger a SIGABRT:

https://lists.libreswan.org/pipermail/swan-dev/2016-July/001587.html

So, Frans can also try disabling the systemd watchdog timer:

edit /etc/systmed/system/ipsec.service and set

WatchdogSec=0

and see if that changes anything.

  Cheers,

  Mike