[lfs-support] Building LFS under Debian

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 8 14:20:55 PDT 2018

On Sun, Jul 08, 2018 at 10:35:14PM +0200, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> On 08/07/2018 18:25, Alan Corey wrote:
>
> So your CPU is ARM, isn't it? I guess not many people on this list have
> experience with that architecture. This does not mean they can't help, but
> their support may be limited.

Apart from all the good comments from everyone, I think I need to
stress this point, and to note that understanding *how* LFS fits
together is easiest if you have a spare x86_64 partition where you
can install it - that approach is common and comparatively
well-tested, i686 should work but is nowadays only rarely tested.
Everything else will have differences.

But on the aarch64 machine you (Alan) need to get a working toolchain
on your host before you can get anywhere.

If that machine is some sort of Raspberry Pi, perhaps
http://intestinate.com/pilfs/ might have something useful on changes
to the process (seems to have last been updated in March, and refers
to a 4.14 kernel).

ĸen
--
              Keyboard not found, Press F1 to continue