[lfs-support] Booting LFS with systemd

Hazel Russman hazeldebian at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 07:35:18 PDT 2018

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 03:10:49 -0400
Michael Shell <list1 at michaelshell.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 16:45:36 +0100
> Hazel Russman <hazeldebian at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > The system now boots with acpi on, but I suddenly have mouse problems in
> > X. Some mouse functions work and some don't. So this is not a complete
> > solution yet, though it's a giant step forward.
>

> Be careful here Hazel! Remember, after the patch, you are booting a newer
> kernel with *tons* of other changes. If I had to bet at this point, my
> money would go on that one of the *other* 4.15 changes caused your mouse
> problem - that you are seeing two different problems. >
>
>   Cheers,
>
>   Mike
> --
Turns out this was a bug that got fixed quickly! It isn't in either of the two published kernels I built yesterday (4.14.0 for Crux 3.3 and 4.15.3 for LFS 8.2). So I don't particularly want to waste time chasing it.

What I wanted out of all this was the kernel native to each of my distros booting with full acpi functionality and no panics. Like it used to do before all this happened. And now I have that.

We'll see if the kernel hackers have need of any further action on my part. I'll be happy to do what I can for the community. But in any case I owe you a big thank-you for all your help.

--
Hazel